- Diploma in Tourism or Information Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Valid driver’s licence
- Liaise with Tourism Authorities at national, Provincial, Intra-Provincial & Intra City for effective cross selling
- Develop, implement and manage tourism Information Management System
- Provide input into the formulation of divisional operational and capital annual budgets aligned with IDP and Tourism information provision requirements
- Liaise with relevant information structures within EMM and other Municipalities
- Web content and/or acquire content for websites and email newsletter
- Create check and ensure that the website is optimised for Search engine, to improve search ranking
- Manage & continuously update the tourism website
- Compile and manage of tourism database/s
- Conduct regular tourism statistical surveys/research
- Skills transfer and Management of Interns and ensuring effective product knowledge
- Perform other ad hoc duties and tasks as assigned by the EM: Tourism Development
Applications or CVs and copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license (if applicable), to be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- Kempton Park Civic Centre, Corner Pretoria Road and CR Swart Drive, 2nd Floor, Room A216
- Postal Address: PO Box 13, Kempton Park,1620
- Enquiries: 011 999 3611/3615/3612/3619/3608
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.