Closing Date: 25 April 2014
Stipend: R5 326.80 monthly
The Procurement and Asset Management Department of the Electoral Commission has an internship position at a level of an assistant administrative officer (AAO). The intern must preferably be a graduate or final year student in supply chain management. It is expected that the candidate will have completed the required number of modules for a diploma (3 years) or degree (4 years) in supply chain management.
- The successful candidate for this position must have completed a tertiary qualification in the Procurement / Finance / Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
- An understanding of supply chain management processes;
- Applications must be accompanied by a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae as well as certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
The intern will be responsible for:
- Receiving and registration of user requests;
- Assist in drawing up of bid specifications;
- Making arrangements and assisting during bid briefing sessions;
- Assist with bid administration requirements;
- Assist with drafting of adverts and advertising of bids;
- Attend to queries from the public around bids;
- Assist with the closing of bids;
- Assist with preparations for bid evaluations;
- Assist in creation of purchase orders;
- Scanning purchase order documents;
- Scanning of vendor registration documents;
- Assist in invitation and obtaining of quotations as prescribed by procurement policies and regulations;
- Compilation of reports with regard to quotations;
- Compilation and submission of orders and supporting documentation where applicable to Financial Administration for payment of goods and services;
- General documentation administration and ensuring proper filing of procedures;
- Compilation of reports with regard to orders and any other duties allocated from time to time.
- Ability to work in a pressurized and timeline-driven environment;
- Ability to work on more than one project; ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Attention to detail and a commitment to service excellence, good communication skills.
- The applicant must have the following personal skills/attributes:
- Analytical skills,
- Communication skills,
- Strong personality,
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages with specific reference to Word and Excel spreadsheets,
- Teamwork and good report writing