Location: North West (Rustenburg)
Mining Learnership (Learner Official 18.1 and 18.2) Various Levels – Siphumelele 2 – Internal and External Vacancies
Rustenburg Platinum Mines – Siphumelele 2 Mines
Full Time Permanent, Fixed Term Contract
North West Province
Mining Learnership (Learner Official 18.1 and 18.2) Various Levels
Primary Job Purpose
The Learner Official Mining will be developed in the role as part of a formal programme to ultimately progress to be appointed as shift Supervisor.
Scope of Development
- Assessed to determine competence at the School of Mines
- Workplace training and evaluation under supervision of qualified Miners, Shift Supervisors and Mine Overseers
- Perform all tasks safely and according to required standards / specifications
- Ensure that the programme objectives and tasks are understood
- Completion of all phases of the development programme within specified time frame
- Adhere to all Mine Standards and procedures
- Perform all assigned tasks in a safe manner
- Ensure effective team relationships
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Grade 12 with Mathematics and English and Science, higher grade C symbol
- Medically fit to work underground
- Numerical Skills
- Equivalent NQ4 qualification
- Practically Orientated
(Please supply copies of relevant certified certificates)
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Must be prepared to work underground
- Obtain a certificate of fitness
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Mining experience will be advantageous
Note: All candidates will be subjected to applicable screening and assessments.
Note: Proof of original qualifications must be supplied on day of interview.
· Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s Employment Equity Policy.
· Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered.
· In order for your application to be considered, attach copies of Identity document, qualifications, and or license/s required for the role.
· For full details and how to apply please visit our careers website via the careers link
· If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your
application to be unsuccessful.
· Drop off your application at your nearest Walk In Centre linking it to the advertised job by using the Reference number.
· CV’s can be given to HRD Officers on the Shafts.
Applications close: 13 Mar 2014 South Africa Standard Time
Skill level: No work experience wanted
Employment length: contract
Closing date: Mar 13, 2014
Published date: Mar 03, 2014
Ref. code: 708546
Contact: Anglo American