Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients, and our people. If you’re ready for a career with a dynamic organisation in an environment that fosters professional development and career advancement, you’re ready for Deloitte. With 200,000 people in over 150 countries, Deloitte member firms serve more than 80 percent of the world’s largest companies as well as large national enterprises, public institutions and successful fast-growing companies.
In South Africa, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations. We specialise in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Corporate Finance services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business, energy, mining and manufacturing, tourism, TMT and the public sector.
Deloitte professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities. Our professionals are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you’ll make more of your career at Deloitte.
About the Division
Risk Advisory offers clients an end-to-end solution for all their risk management needs.
Our Risk Advisory practice now encompasses the following specialised service offerings:
- Governance Risk and Oversight Services
- Technology Assurance and Advisory Services
- Tip-offs Anonymous
- Data Analytics
- Security, Privacy and Resiliency
About the Job
Organisations are constantly challenged with an increasing number of information technology risks including security threats, regulatory and legislative compliance and unexpected disruption to system availability.
Our clients look to us to provide assurance that appropriate processes are in place to manage these technology risks, both today and in the future. We work closely with business and IT personnel to understand their processes; identify the key risks to the business and guide management on best practice principles to mitigate these risks.
As a Trainee IT Audit Consultant you can look forward to getting involved in:
• Participating in an established training programme;
• Performing research into new IT trends, risks, solutions;
• Obtaining exposure to numerous different clients in different industries;
• Interacting with an experienced team with diverse skillsets;
• Establishing working relationships with client personnel;
• Review client IT operating procedures and systems of internal control;
• Applying concepts of risk assessment;
• Design and perform tests of internal controls;
• Provide recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications
• Honours in Bcom or BBusSci with a concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems (Accounting and Auditing experience will be a distinct advantage)
You would need to have the following Experience and Technical Competencies
• Less than 1 years relevant working experience
• Have a keen interest in Information Management and Systems
• Strong academic credentials;
• Relevant work experience preferable (e.g. internships, vacation positions, etc.)
You would need to have the following behavioural competencies
• Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills;
• Strong verbal and written communication;
• Well-developed interpersonal skills;
• Embraces change and new ideas;
• Client service orientation;
• Good communication skills;
• Ability to prioritise tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage ambiguity;
• Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanour;
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels;
• Open to travel for out-of-town assignments.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POST IS OPEN TO SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS ONLY.
We also require you to upload your full CV and academic transcripts (including Matric results) to be considered for this position.