Location: KwaZulu/Natal (Kwazulu / Natal Areas)
The South African Sugarcane Research Institute (SASRI) is a world renowned agricultural research institute conducting research for the sugar industry. There are a number of different research projects that take place at SASRI which are clustered into four multidisciplinary programmes, namely; Variety Improvement, Crop Protection, Crop Performance & Management and System Design and Optimisation.
Purpose of the Internship is to:
- Provide workplace experience to graduates allowing them practical exposure that will enrich their academic training, enhancing future employability.
- Provide additional skills development training that will stimulate personal and professional growth, provide life skills and boost work readiness (Basic Business, Technical and Life Skills Training) through formal mentorship.
This programme specifically targets South African candidates who have completed a National Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree and / or Post-Graduate Degree in the following fields:
- Good verbal, written and communication skills
- A team player that can self-motivate and work independently
- Goal oriented and career focussed
Term of the Internship:
- Start date is the 2nd of January 2013
- Participants will be offered a one year contract.
- Successful participants will receive an allowance of R3000.00 on a monthly basis.
- We offer onsite accommodation, meals, laundry service and free primary health care facilities.
- There will be opportunities for growth and development for students who stand out from the rest and contribute significantly during the year.
How to Apply:
- All applications must be submitted via our online job portal accessible from our website atwww.sasa.org.za (navigate to Careers @ SASA – Vacancies).
- Please also attach detailed CV, certified copies of qualifications, academic record, South African Identity document. Please indicate your field of interest.
Short listing will commence on 12 November 2012. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we will not be able to reply to all applicants. Should you not get a response from us by 30 November 2012, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please visit www.sasa.org.za for more details about the Research Institute.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- conduct experiments
- use computer software
- work independently
- work to deadlines
- communicate effectively
- field of research
- new opportunities in research
- research theory and practice
The South African Sugar Association (SASA) provides a diverse range of highly specialised services to the South African sugar industry and our activities are funded in the main by the sugarcane growers and sugar milling companies. Our mission is to provide specialist services that enhance the profitability, global competitiveness and sustainability of the South African sugar industry.
Salary: R 3,000 – R 3,000 Per Month
Benefits: Internship or Experience building.
Skill level: No work experience wanted
Employment length: contract
Closing date: Nov 12, 2012
Published date: Nov 04, 2012
Ref. code: SASA
Email CV + Any documents wanted: email@example.com